Tis the season.
I get this question a lot this time of year, obviously. As a Mama, I know what my kids want and I’m begging you to listen to what I have to say before you buy any kid a present. (Especially if you don’t have kids.)
Please, by all means, spoil my kids. I do have a few requests, however.
- I know you will go to the aisles and play with all the cool toys. Go there first, put it in your cart, and touch the buttons for the entire rest of your trip. If you can handle the toys’ noise for your entire store trip, consider buying it.
- PLEASE, make sure it has an “Off switch” I know it sounds like common sense, but some toys don’t. Have you ever been awaken at 3 a.m. from a “demon toy” singing the ABC song? I have, and it scares the shit out of me.
- Buy the batteries the toy requires. There is nothing worse than Christmas morning, and their favorite new toy is here, and I don’t have the batteries to power the damn thing.
- I volume button would be lovely. I understand some toys don’t have them (they ALL should)!
- Please don’t get them a game with 952 pieces. 900 of those pieces will be missing an hour after they open the game. It amazes me, still, that they can lose 90% of the game so quickly. (They can. Trust me.)
- Please, don’t expect them to remember, play with, or even know where the toy is located in a month. They are only kids.
This is Grinchy Mama’s advice of presents for my kids.
Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!